Target Executive Team Leader

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Estero, FL
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Estero, FL

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All aspects of the job were great! Excellent company.

Cons

Nothing really to complain about. Payroll was tough sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep the team work environment. I really like the end of year team chat sessions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fast Not Fun Kinda Friendly

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Columbus, OH

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for a new college grad and decent pay Most peers are great to work with Good leadership development Decent training program

Cons

No work life balance, expect to work 60+ hours and 6 days a week. You will be called/texted on your one off day and on your weekends. I would wake up each morning to be at work at 7am and would leave around 6 or 7pm each day if I was on a day shift. If working a closing shift expect to work 2pm-midnight and have to be in the next day at 7am. As an HR one would think I was in an office working on what requires the store to remain compliant, but because I had a demanding manager I was required to spend most of my time on the salesfloor folding clothes and assisting guests. Expect to be given very critical feedback from your peers and manager on a constant basis. Because you are exhausted and over worked it becomes hard to spruce up the traditional red and khaki that even managers are required to wear. My manager told me on my birthday that I needed to look happier and dress better, after I worked a 17 hour overnight shift.

Advice to Management

Quit cutting payroll, this directly relates to the high turnover of your ETLs.

2. One of the best retail companies I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Strong commitment to developing leaders and teamwork. Work life balance is pretty good for retail. Company has a strong culture of recognition for team. Great commitment to giving back to the community.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement not always performance based. Strong commitment to recruiting new college graduates makes it harder for experienced retail managers to move up within company. Underperforming upper management is moved out very slowly.