Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Flow Team Member-South Carolina

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Myrtle Beach, SC
Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Retail is tough work no matter who you work for. Target is by far as good as it gets in the industry. The processes are laid out and they work. I have yet to come across a question or issue that isn't covered by some procedure or policy. The team is treated with great respect from the top down and no matter what your position you know you are an important part of the team. I am now a Team Member and was once an ETL so I have seen both sides and feel like a useful and recognised part of the team either way.

Cons

Can't think of any that are not inherent to retail anyway.

Each store is different. In my current store I would say work closer with the team on the floor.

9212 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Target is known for training but in reality you are trained by force, you have to learn your position under pressure.

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in DFW, TX

I have been working at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is advancement opportunity eventually, and due to the nature of your core roles you gain a ton of experience managing talent and developing a team. If you can make it through the "3-5 years" experience many major companies are looking for your opportunities at other companies are endless. A career at Target is lucrative and can be rewarding if you can make it past the first few years and "cross the line" to upper-management.

Cons

They promote work-life balance and suggest 50 hour work weeks but if you are given a department with broken processes and a horrible team you have to give up that balance for the sake of running a green department. In this economy they have cut payroll, benefits and positions that would normally help provide a great guest experience and a reasonable workload for the team. They expect much more with a lot less resources. You can only cut so much before work-life balance is not longer possible and you start to run off your best talent.

Recognize the talent that is willing to move up in your company and devote time to them. Your presense in the building and your support means more than a thank you card and an invite to a developmental seminar. The company preaches the importance of devleopment and training your team but upper management does not train those that are doing the training!

I love target

I have been working at Target

Pros

good team members. great employess

Cons

there are definetely no cons!

There are newer employer reviews for Target