There are newer employer reviews for Target

+Feedback sessions and focus on E's of Excellence in leadership dimensions.
-Work/life balance.

Current Employee - ETL - Logistics
Current Employee - ETL - Logistics

I have been working at Target

Pros

Our store manager was the best boss I've ever worked for. Target has a stong emphasis at hiring quality talent to not only meet the needs of the guests, but for the team, as well. I really grew personally during my time at Target, due to the feedback sessions in which I learned more about my strengths AND opportunities! Many places of employment only communicate the opportunities in one's leadership without any recognition or focus on the strengths; or, they are too intimidated to bring up the topic of one's opportunities and never say anything until you hear the statement, "It's just not the right fit for us."

Cons

The company "talks" about work/life balance, but I personally found it very difficult. My personal life was directly related to payroll allocated. When payroll was tight and we could not come clean in our process without me jumping in and helping, I put in easily 60+ hrs./week. However, there were a few times when I had enough payroll where the team was able to accomplish the workload and my week was more in line with 45 - 50hrs. /week.

HR structure can be very confusing at the District level, and it sometimes seemed as if HR was always working contrary to the needs of the business and team.

reviews filtered by

Detailed Oriented Profession

I have been working at Target

Pros

Target offers decent compensation compared to rival retailers, at least in my district. Their benefit packages are okay, but not all that fantastic.

Cons

While there is ample opportunity to voice concerns about job performance, whether those concerns are properly addressed remains an issue.

Less focus on favoritism and more focus on job performance.

2. You Learn A lot

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Target

Pros

You learn a ton, its more of a 10 week interview to see how much potential you can have with them. Lots of room for growth after you graduate if you accept an offer.

Cons

You wear a red shirt and look like the high school degenerates.

require a tie for executives/ETLs?

There are newer employer reviews for Target