Target

www.target.com

Professional, But at the same time relaxed and homely.

ProsFlexible hours and a family like or "Team" atmosphere. Not only that but everyone is approachable and helpful with any concerns. Also very adaptive and responsive to suggestions you may have. Ultimately understanding on the diversity of skill level everyone has, never expecting to much from anyone. But at the same point repeating your skill by giving you adequate responsibilities.

ConsAs with any retail company disgruntled guest will always be a negative. Along with this there might be misunderstanding or misconception an what needs to be done or accomplished. But this is only due to the amount of team members and a simple slip of words can lead to confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and comfortable with everyone. Never take your role for granted. Be approachable. Also be understanding and accepting of mistakes. If you are to overbearing you will only loose the team member more. Finally when criticizing or "Coaching" a team member never forget to give them a way or method on how to fix the problem or improve so they understand how to fix the problem.

Flexible scheduling for students.

Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) Sherwood, OR

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I started working here in high school and was a competitive traveling athlete. They scheduled me around my busy sports and school schedules. Now as… Cons: Constant changes in management make it hard to communicate. When I have taken leaves for school and come back… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure you introduce yourself to returning LOA team members. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Flexible schedule

Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee) Providence, RI

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible schedule Many areas for advancement Laidback, relaxed atmosphere for the most… Cons: Pay starts just above minimum wage Wage increases are small and only once a year Many workers form… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!