Target

www.target.com

Being an ETL at Target is Challenging and Rewarding

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsTarget paints the big picture for your long-term career destination, and gives you the development tools and feedback you need to be successful in reaching your career goals. You come to really know how to leverage your strengths and improve your opportunities as a leader through feedback.

ConsTarget leaders are expected to be very global and sometimes it really cuts into your time/ability to drill into driving results in the areas that you own and are accountable to. ETL's. The training program for new ETL's is insufficient at preparing you to be successful in your role on day one. Your most valuable training will come after being thrown into your position under-prepared and learning to succeed through trial and error.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want stores to drive specific metrics then your leaders need the proper tools to hold Team Members accountable to driving those results (ex: individual achievement statistics for AAR, who is performing at what level based off of transactions), and Team Members need the appropriate incentives to drive those results (ex: base plus commission TM's in electronics, or more than a .25 cent raise per hour for being an electronics TM).

Fun and exciting place to work.

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros: The culture at Target is awesome. Everyone is friendly and driven. The way things are set up are for… Cons: The hours are long and it gets crazy during the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best Company Ever

Group Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Focus on development, rewards for results, great team to grow your career or start a new one. I've worked for… Cons: Target's culture isn't for everyone. Highly collaborative with emphasis on "how" you get results.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!