Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Where is Target headed?

I worked at Target (more than 10 years)

Pros

- good compensation and benefits
- large and stable company
- good financial ethics

Cons

- culture has changed.
- inexperienced leaders

9233 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Good job for a while

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member
    Current Employee - Electronics Team Member

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, structured atmosphere, team focused attitude. They are really flexible with scheduling and understand that sometimes life gets in the way.

Cons

Bureaucratic, the job gets old after a while.

Not exactly what I was expecting.

Current Employee - Cashier in Apex, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Apex, NC

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Target provides a positive working environment. They want everyone to feel that they're greatly appreciated by recognizing everyone for their work and effort. It's a great place to have your first job, because you do learn a lot on how businesses are run and how to establish great customer service.

Cons

I found that with Target, it's never enough for them. Once you've finally reached your goal you've been working so hard to achieve, they set the bar even higher. Which is not necessarily all bad, however, it's quite frustrating. They are a bit strict with the scheduling. Of course, with any retail establishment, you're required to work weekends and holidays. If you're a full-time student, I'd recommend working just weekends or taking educational leave. They claim they'll be flexible with your schedule however you have to be flexible with them. If you want time off, it's recommended you ask at least 3 months in advance. I have to say one of the most annoying things with Target is when you use your employee discount. You may only use your employee discount if you are paying in cash or using Target's debit or credit card, the system will not let you use any other form of payment.

I have to say, my store's management is my biggest downfall with Target. I feel like I'm constantly looked down upon and various managers pick favorites, giving them effortless work every day they come in. I'm constantly getting the "short end of the stick." I believe, if you don't get like 5 REDcards during your whole shift (cashiers), then you're always a disappointment and they will not let you follow up other opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Target