www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Current Employee - Logistics Manager in East Stroudsburg, PA
Current Employee - Logistics Manager in East Stroudsburg, PA

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you are willing to kill yourself and be flexible there si alot of room for advancement.Nice people make the place a good place to work.

Cons

Very high standards.Almost unatainable, always figuring out what you can not do today and what needs to wait for tomorrow.

9256 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Poor Entry Level Experience

I worked at Target

Pros

Really nice corporate office & nice place if you are of an average intellect and not proactive.

Cons

Very passiv-aggressive & often push out anyone who does not drink the kool-aid of being fast, fun and friendly

Not what I expected!

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Well the starting pay for a cashier is slightly higher than minimum wage at $7.75.

Cons

When you get offered a position they make you sign an agreement accepting the job but also agreeing to get at least one person to complete the red card application for each shift worked. However, they do not tell you that you will be hounded everyday about getting these red card applications and even written up if you don't meet their quota which can change from day to day. I've gone in and been told I was required to get at least 3 red card applications before the end of a 5 hr shift. It's ridiculous and unrealistic because no employee can force a guest to apply for this credit card. I feel that by offering the option to each guest shows compliance but management does not seem to see it this way. For me, this has caused added stress to performing my job.

Care more about your employees and you wouldn't have such a high turnover.

There are newer employer reviews for Target