There are newer employer reviews for Target

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Value Employees, Set you up for success, wonderful team to work with, map out how to get to the next level in your career, every other weekend off.

Cons

Occasional late shifts, Terminating people who you know are living pay check to paycheck.

8641 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Fast, Fun, and Friendly Environment

Current Employee - Guest Service Attendant in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Guest Service Attendant in Flushing, NY

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Team Work! Fast, Fun, and Friendly Environment!

Cons

Too many people to remember everyones name

Give more hours.

Friendly workplace for those with OPEN minds

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most reviews will state favoritism and politics, this is incredibly true. For me this is a pro, I was incredibly lucky to have the team I did. I worked with not only my supervising ETL and Team Leads, but I also partnered with my Store Team Lead and District Leader to help facilitate my progress within the company. I left due to schooling, but if I had to give an answer about my time for Target in that store, it would be mostly positive.

There is a absolutely no harassment allowed between team members, with such fast paced and favoritism style, this actually happens more than expected. The execs in the store allowed the situation to be handled briefly and professionally. Target has just as much drama as any other retailer.

Cross training is a big plus, not only will it give you more hours, but it will boost your reputation in ability to handle multiple things at once. If cross trained, expect to be thrown into multiple locations daily. Target has an open door policy, if you want to train somewhere, it's all about asking for it. Those who ended up happiest in their position, were the ones who asked to move somewhere instead of waiting to be moved.

Don't expect to make tons of money, it's above the leading retailers but below what you will actually want. But there is an employee discount and you will always know about things in the store ahead of time.

Cons

Target has a better pay than most, but still is just not enough to survive off of. Those not fit for the company will bring you down, and trust me every store has them.

Keep an eye on the hourly associates, some of them are diamonds in the rough.

There are newer employer reviews for Target