There are newer employer reviews for Target

pretty good company, even better employees

Former Employee - Cashier in Mission Viejo, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice benefits, pretty flexible times, sweet HR and kind managers. i personally had a wonderful crew who were welcoming, hard-working, and understanding. my favourite length of time in retail, honestly. the pay is good for what it is. allow you to put on different hats if you're bored during slow days.

Cons

too much pressure to push red cards. i was definitely trying my hardest and bringing them in at length, but it became obvious that management was being pressured to sell more than was realistic and it came through in the way they had to treat employees over them.

Advice to Management

please pressure your managers less about the redcards! it carries on down the tree and makes everyone feel bad all around when the goal is raised more and more every week and can't be met-- especially in the rare situations where all the employees like each other and their managers.

please try to get the higher ups to fix the problems with the red cards! no one is going to be enthusiastic over them if they try to use them after arrival and they don't work... and then we're expected to ask the next customer in line if they want a card they now perceive as faulty. also, stop cutting hours if someone doesn't bring in a load of red cards while in a position that doesn't lend to it, such as express.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I've had worse....

Current Employee - Backroom Team Member in Madison Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Backroom Team Member in Madison Heights, MI

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work gets you the good shifts and all the hours. Lazy people get their hours cut until they quit. I can do my job and go home, as there is always someone else picking up where I left off.

Cons

Christmas season. Some ETL's are lazy and verbally abusive to the staff.

Advice to Management

Make sure the ETL's are doiong their part to get the physical work done instead of just pushing it off to Team Members while they walk around and sit in their office.

2. Manager

I worked at Target full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loved the company - great benefits

Cons

People where put in buckets for future potential and it was hard to move out of that position