There are newer employer reviews for Target

Decent work environment, Great team

Current Employee - Team Member Food in Huber Heights, OH
Current Employee - Team Member Food in Huber Heights, OH

I have been working at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get a discount on everything immediately, even if you are only a seasonal team member. The work environment is friendly, safe and well-maintained. Show up, be friendly and energetic and you will be treated with respect, kudos and little perks to keep you motivated.

Cons

Communication, especially to newer team members, tends to flow like mud and there is no such thing as an "ex cused" absence. Arrive late any three days in a "rolling 30-day period" and you will receive a closed-door "discussion" about the matter. It doesn't matter that the week you late three times you were coming in early, staying until closing and covering other TMs shifts, while never missing even one of your own scheduled shifts. I was 40 minutes late on my last day of that work week, even though called in an assured the LOD I would be there by the time the store opened, I arrived just as the opening process was occuring, none of that seemed to matter. On one hand I've got the ETL buying me donuts for coming in on Monday morning after working 16 hours on the weekend only to turn around and be frowned at by my TL for being late three times in a 30-day period. The other two incidents were 9 minutes late on days where I worked past store closing on Saturday and turned around to be late for opening the next morning.

All over the map! One STL is so aloof he only speaks to his team and the other TLs. The GSTL talks smack about almost everyone else to anyone. And when it comes to leadership...anything goes. In one day I can receive three different answers to the same question and I am basically left to decide for myself.

reviews filtered by

Great environment, training and support

Former Employee - Store Team Leaders in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Store Team Leaders in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Target full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

leadership, team atmosphere, customer friendly and employee focused

Cons

health benefits continue to decline. if your not on the fast track to move up in the company then your an outcast.

Managers over 40 do have the ability to be successful in your organization.

Don't promise work life balance to managers and then take away holidays like Thanksgiving. Tell the truth up front

Good company to work for, opportunity to promote, be prepared to work

Former Employee - District Facilities Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - District Facilities Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities for personal and career advancement.
    Leadership opportunities.
    Not stuck in a cube, if you work in the field.
    Team environment is heavily promoted

Cons

Nearly impossible to promote from field to headquarters, regardless of qualifications
    Company is always pushing to get more done with fewer team members
    Dealing with the public

Do more to promote from within the organization
    Do more to recognize and promote work life balance among team members

There are newer employer reviews for Target