There are newer employer reviews for Target

Very nice place to work, just don't step on anyone's toes

Current Employee - Team Leader - Hardlines
Current Employee - Team Leader - Hardlines

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to develop and learn how to manage a business. There are a lot of resources at hand, and multiple opportunities to grow. The pay is competitive with a lot of other retailers. Negotiate hard if you are offered a position.

Cons

There is a large "leadership" team in every store. This team is full of driven, enthusiastic, young(mostly), individuals. I stress individuals as there are many different personalities that you will have to learn to work with. Everyone is very competitive even though they will stress "one team, one dream". Try to build great relationships and be the person everyone likes. Do not step on any toes or burn any bridges. People don't forget easily.

Advice to Management

Please try to remember to reinforce achievements and hard work when you are evaluating team members who are on corrective action plans. Some of the best employees come out of corrective action.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. So far it is good.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in College Station, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New but so far... HR will help out if you tell them about a problem. My first trainer was awful to me and I told them how bad she treated me and they took care of it. They are great with you hours and if you need to leave you can leave. They let you take others hours in any department or train you in them if you ever want to work there. There are kind people and some very good trainers too. But, I enjoyed working there. I like clothing and hope they keep me in clothing because it is not bad.

Cons

Rude, mean, hateful, gossip people. My first trainer was awful and kept telling me she hated me. But, Hr fixed that. A lot of people do not like you if you're new and they refuse to get to know you. A lot of people also gossip and talk crap about others. People take their crankiness out on you badly. Some of them don't understand when you cannot understand something. I have dyslexia and I cannot work the line like others and people cannot understand and can be mean about it.

Advice to Management

Make you workers more friendly!! Talk to them about not being childish and immature. You need to help them welcome new people more and stop with the gossip! We're not in high-school. But, you guys are doing a good job though.

2. Great Customer service experience

Former Employee - Cashier in Gastonia, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Gastonia, NC

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great company to work for. they always gave me good hours and the staff was always helpful. I enjoyed working for Target

Cons

I dont really have any criticism for Target. My employers were very understanding and they even let me off when I had to do things for school and such without any problems.