There are newer employer reviews for Target

My co-workers are great, as are most of my managers... Most being the keyword.

Current Employee - Instocks Team  in  Anaheim Hills, CA
Current Employee - Instocks Team in Anaheim Hills, CA

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team members are generally great. If you're eager to learn you can move around work-centers pretty easily.

Cons

Some of the managers are completely incompetent.

Walk in our shoes. Spend a week actually doing our jobs, and nothing but our jobs. What I mean is literally "demote" yourself to a regular team member for a week and deal with the issues we have to deal with. I'm amazed at how little some of my managers actually know about the store and how it works. Not only will walking in our shoes help you understand the issues we face and the workload we deal with on a daily basis, but you'll also gain the respect of the team members that you work with.

8214 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

A great company to work for

I worked at Target

Pros

They care about their employees and offer a variety of discounts and promotional opportunities for them. One of my favorite parts was Fast, Fun, and Friendly Fridays.

Cons

during certain times of the year, depending on your position, you may not be able to work full-time hours, even as a full-time employee

I really liked all of my managers and believe they did a great job and were fair to the employees.

Great company and people

Former Employee - Cashier & Guest Service Trainer  in  Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier & Guest Service Trainer in Littleton, CO

I worked at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are great, schedules are flexible. I was able to transfer stores without issue. They do make an effort to connect with local schools and the community, it's a shame I never took advantage of it when I worked there

Cons

Little room for advancement within the store, raises are quite the pittance. I worked there for nearly 5 years, and had the capacity to do almost every position in the store effectively.

Recognize those who are able to work in multiple positions. The upper management has to be able to do all the entry level positions, so why deny someone the opportunity to grow this way?

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!