There are newer employer reviews for Target

Target provides me a place to challenge myself, enjoy what I do and work with some amazing people

Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best reasons for working at target is the career opportunities and leadership development they live by. If you want to move up it in the company and let your leadership know, they will work just has hard as you to reach your goal. In addition, I have never had so much fun at a job before. The people who work at target, truly want to be there. Target gives a lot of recognition at ever level of employment. They also provide leadership development for those who seek it. Target is a great place to work.

Cons

In some but not all cases, there is a disconnect between the hourly staff and the salaried leaders. Insurance for full time hourly employees is an option between 3 deductible plans, not exceptional. Due to age, some of the Executive staff does not have extensive leadership experience, on an individual by individual basis, it leaves something to be desired. All in all still a great place to be.

8641 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Tough, but valuable

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in San Diego, CA

I worked at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Target has a fantastic leadership development process in place. The cycle of feedback, reviews, and job status conversations grow you as a leader. If you embrace this process, you will leave with a solid understanding of your strengths and opportunities as a leader.

Cons

From a stores perspective, it is an unsustainable lifestyle. Having worked in two high volume stores and two other remodels, 13-15 hour days are the norm. Everyone else's holidays are your busiest times. Get in, get developed, get out.

While well-being is discussed frequently, address the culture that makes it impossible to obtain.

Very educational experience

Current Employee - ETL Intern in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - ETL Intern in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Target as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly, good experience, people are fun to work with, is possible to move up quickly in company.

Cons

Sometimes there can be differences between management and regular hourly. Almost like a clique.

Make sure that every team member is given the opportunity to voice opinion

There are newer employer reviews for Target