There are newer employer reviews for Target

Target provides me a place to challenge myself, enjoy what I do and work with some amazing people

Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons for working at target is the career opportunities and leadership development they live by. If you want to move up it in the company and let your leadership know, they will work just has hard as you to reach your goal. In addition, I have never had so much fun at a job before. The people who work at target, truly want to be there. Target gives a lot of recognition at ever level of employment. They also provide leadership development for those who seek it. Target is a great place to work.

Cons

In some but not all cases, there is a disconnect between the hourly staff and the salaried leaders. Insurance for full time hourly employees is an option between 3 deductible plans, not exceptional. Due to age, some of the Executive staff does not have extensive leadership experience, on an individual by individual basis, it leaves something to be desired. All in all still a great place to be.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. Very educational experience

Current Intern - ETL Intern in Kansas City, KS
    Current Intern - ETL Intern in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Target as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly, good experience, people are fun to work with, is possible to move up quickly in company.

Cons

Sometimes there can be differences between management and regular hourly. Almost like a clique.

Advice to Management

Make sure that every team member is given the opportunity to voice opinion

Target Pharmacy Technician - Would Not Recommend

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You will be exposed to everything that takes place in a typical pharmacy. - Good position for those who like to work in a small group environment. - You can learn a lot of useful skills regarding pharmacy (although if it's like my experience, you will end up teaching them to yourself). - As far as retail pharmacy tech positions go, pay is high. - Will pay for test to become certified.

Cons

- Little to no formal training. - (For me personally) Poor management and did not like the attitude of pharmacy manager, especially as a new hire. - Very poor/fluctuant hours (hours are based on script count. Near the end of my employment there my hours were being cut daily). - Very frustrating experience for someone with no former tech experience. - Felt like general attitude of staff towards new hire-es was negative. - Computer system and method of filling scripts is very old (confirmed by people who worked in other pharmacies) OVERALL I do NOT recommend this specific position. From what I've read on other review sites, Target's pharmacy is TYPICALLY a good place to work. However, my experience was not so. While I am typically a very good, dedicated worker who is motivated and a fast learner, this was a very bad and downhill experience for me. The only people I would recommend this job to is people who already have a decent amount of retail tech experience and who do not need a job with reliable income to pay bills, etc. In the end I ended up quitting this job to save my sanity and happily returned to my old one.

Advice to Management

Do not hire brand new employees with no prior experience if you do not want to formally train them, as there is a TON to learn and it can be a very frustrating and overwhelming experience.