Target
3.2 of 5 6,687 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Excellent team culture, terrible middle management

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompetitive pay packages. Can be a fun work environment.

ConsWork life balance is poor in retail. Opportunities for advancement are promised but rarely come through. Senior management can make the job very unpleasant.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to your own management philosophies. Treat employees with respect. Follow through on promises for development and advancement. Set realistic expectations and provide the leadership and resources to succeed.

Worst Retail Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Target full-time

Pros: If you have no experience, this may be a decent… Cons: No work life balance or upward movement exists for some… Advice to Senior Management: N/A. Upper management knows the problems with some stores often stems from the general manager and/or logistics manager,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Wors working environment for anyone

Soft Lines Team Member (Former Employee)
Malvern, PA

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros: ...um, give me a second I'll think of something. Oh, the fact… Cons: Never enough hours to go around. Management is terrible, hr are evil manipulative sociopaths, there is no organization of management, there is no training whatsoever,… Advice to Senior Management: Quit before you get fired... But seriously actually. Try and train your employees. Don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.