There are newer employer reviews for Target

Target is a great company to build a career!

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Career opportunities, company culture, training programs

Cons

Difficult to get your foot in the door

8222 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Hard work for little pay, good benefits, a good second job

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member  in  Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working part time at Target can save you quite a bit of money by giving you regular exposure to sales and clearance plus a discount.

Cons

Management is usually very young and inexperienced and Target doesn't do enough to teach the people skills necessary to be an effective leader. They focus too much on operations and not enough on employee development.

Same as above.

Not at all what I expected.

Former Employee - Front End
    Former Employee - Front End

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

There were some very friendly employees (team members) working there. The cashiers in particular were very welcoming!

Cons

I was surprised at how aggressive and rude the front end managers (team leaders) were, not only to me, but to customers (guests)! I witnessed multiple occasions where front end team leaders smarted off to guests and one instance of my team lead snatching a bag out of man's hand and yelling at him! I was asked to complete a survey about my experience as an team member at Target, which I did so honestly. Apparently it got back to my team lead, who then decided that she did not like me and set out to get rid of me from that point on. The front end leaders had their little clique and no matter what the situation was or who was at fault, they backed each other up. After that, they all decided to take turns looking for ways to make me look and feel incompetent. The store manager (Executive Team Leader) was very nice and encouraging, and reassured me that he was pleased with my work, but ultimately my team leader got her way and when the store manager was out, she and another front end manager pulled me into an office room and fired me.

Upper management, look into how your front end team leaders are treating guests and team members. Demand that they live up to their title and lead instead of bully. Ask the team members what's going on, and please keep their responses confidential! I think you may be surprised at how they are bullying people (at least in the store I was in).

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!