Great company

Current Intern - Intern
Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Target as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very focused on teamwork and being the best company. It is a feedback culture and they are also huge on development. There is always room to grow in the company if you are willing to take the steps to get there.

Cons

Retail hours so you have to have a very flexible schedule. Can be difficult to maintain a work/life balance if salary

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great for students looking for part time work

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Management that listened to feedback. Upbeat Environment. Great discounts for different companies.

Cons

Very low pay for the amount of labor and having to deal with irate and unruly customers. Difficulty moving up in position unless you become best buddies with one of the managers. There is a possibility that you may work in multiple positions throughout the store but your pay will not change and you will not get an official promotion.

Really really hardwork, but not much payoff.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a very stable company to work for. Also, if you are a work-oholic, then you will love the fast paced atmosphere of Target.

Cons

For all the work that you have to do, the pay is not worth it. Also, I was stuck working only two days a week and they would not let me get more hours. There is unfair treatment...and a lot of it. I worked there for over a year and I was never treated like anything more than an annoyance. New people were given seniority over me. Also, the management is extremely rude.

Advice to Management

Stop being so rude to your team members! It makes us not want to do anything for you! Also, ask nicely if you want something done instead of demanding it. And finally, listen to the people who have been there, not the people just coming in.