There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great company

Current Intern - Intern
Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Target as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very focused on teamwork and being the best company. It is a feedback culture and they are also huge on development. There is always room to grow in the company if you are willing to take the steps to get there.

Cons

Retail hours so you have to have a very flexible schedule. Can be difficult to maintain a work/life balance if salary

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company and people

Former Employee - Cashier & Guest Service Trainer in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier & Guest Service Trainer in Littleton, CO

I worked at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great, schedules are flexible. I was able to transfer stores without issue. They do make an effort to connect with local schools and the community, it's a shame I never took advantage of it when I worked there

Cons

Little room for advancement within the store, raises are quite the pittance. I worked there for nearly 5 years, and had the capacity to do almost every position in the store effectively.

Recognize those who are able to work in multiple positions. The upper management has to be able to do all the entry level positions, so why deny someone the opportunity to grow this way?

2. Fast, Fun, and Friendly

Current Intern - Store Executive Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Intern - Store Executive Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Target as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

They do a great job staffing at Target and give all of the ETL's and TL's the support and resources one would need to be successful in managing a business.

Cons

The only issue I had with it is that it deals with retail so you have a varying schedule which can potentially include nights and weekends

N/A