There are newer employer reviews for Target

Target is Fast, Fun & Friendly

Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros include Culture, People, Work/Life Balance

Cons

Cons include Base Salary (relative), MN Winter

8214 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Target Pharmacy Technician - Would Not Recommend

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

- You will be exposed to everything that takes place in a typical pharmacy.
    - Good position for those who like to work in a small group environment.
    - You can learn a lot of useful skills regarding pharmacy (although if it's like my experience, you will end up teaching them to yourself).
    - As far as retail pharmacy tech positions go, pay is high.
    - Will pay for test to become certified.

Cons

- Little to no formal training.
    - (For me personally) Poor management and did not like the attitude of pharmacy manager, especially as a new hire.
    - Very poor/fluctuant hours (hours are based on script count. Near the end of my employment there my hours were being cut daily).
    - Very frustrating experience for someone with no former tech experience.
    - Felt like general attitude of staff towards new hire-es was negative.
    - Computer system and method of filling scripts is very old (confirmed by people who worked in other pharmacies)

OVERALL I do NOT recommend this specific position. From what I've read on other review sites, Target's pharmacy is TYPICALLY a good place to work. However, my experience was not so. While I am typically a very good, dedicated worker who is motivated and a fast learner, this was a very bad and downhill experience for me. The only people I would recommend this job to is people who already have a decent amount of retail tech experience and who do not need a job with reliable income to pay bills, etc. In the end I ended up quitting this job to save my sanity and happily returned to my old one.

Do not hire brand new employees with no prior experience if you do not want to formally train them, as there is a TON to learn and it can be a very frustrating and overwhelming experience.

Used to be great!

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Leader
    Current Employee - Guest Service Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employee discount. Coworkers friendly, team atmosphere. Diversity of employees. Minimal benefits. Promises of "development" rampant.

Cons

How long do they think guests are going to put up with the constant push on REDcard? No one is told during the hiring process that their job is predicated on selling the company's credit/debit card. I believe in this economy it is very difficult to convince someone to incur more credit just for a 5% discount. Large turnover of good, hard working people. This is due to new policies of pinching payroll. Expected to do 5 times the work as a few years ago, with very paltry raises. Raises are set by Store Team Leader not by tm's direct supervisor. What was a "fast,fun, and friendly" work environment when I was hired has turned into "work faster, fun is irrelevant, no time for friendly" place. With so few people on register, on salesfloor and other work centers, the store is a mess with no help to be found for the guests. What used to set us apart from the big W is gone but not forgotten. Corporate may think that the REDcard is the only important aspect of our job, but those of us who still want to be proud of our workplace will strive on.

Someone, somewhere needs to realize that the economy is not the only thing responsible for declining profits. Cutting staff means cutting service, means cutting sales. A credit application is not going to change that.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!