There are newer employer reviews for Target

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Bemidji, MN
Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Bemidji, MN

I worked at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The staff and upper management are friendly and take the time to get to know you. You get noticed for your hardwork. Easy job generally. They also hire a very diverse staff which is nice to see. Employees are welcome to express themselves (tattoos, piercings, certain clothing) as long as they wear red/khaki.

Cons

Holiday hours are not ideal. Other beginner staff members can get by being lazy and inefficient workers. Low pay.

Hire more suitable employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall very good company

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Great pay. They pay $10-20k more than comparable positions at other retailers
    -Room to grow. I received three promotions in my five years. If they think you're worth their time, they'll invest in your development
    -Community Events are a great way to give back

Cons

-Work/life balance is horrid but this is retail
    -Benefits leave much to be desired
    -LOD shifts can take away from your work center's duties
    -They shove REDcard (Target's credit card) conversion quotas down your throat

Would not recommend working at Target

Former Employee - Senior Team LEader in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Team LEader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Decent Pay
    -Only had to work every other weekend

Cons

-Hours sucked, I would close one night (11pm) and had to be back at work seven hours later.
    -We were constantly understaffed, even as an hourly employee I was always having to work on my breaks and was still wasn't able to complete all my work.
    -Training was a joke, the leader I trained with had completely different responsibilities than myself and when I got to my store I was expected to know everything right off the bat.

Overall I am very disappointed with my experience at Target. They preach about being a moral and ethical company but I had a completely different experience. I would certainly not recommend this company to anyone.

Smaller volume stores still need adequate staffing. There were numerous times I was closing LOD and had three call buttons go off with only one Sales Floor employee on.

There are newer employer reviews for Target