Target
3.2 of 5 7,546 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Better than most retail places, but that isn't saying much.

Guest Services (Former Employee)
Bolingbrook, IL

ProsVery flexible hours - many employees willing to work for you if you ask around.
Benefits aren't bad - vacation, health insurance, etc.

ConsDifficult to advance - All ETL's (executive team leaders have bachelor's degrees yet sometimes seem none too bright)
Nasty customers - moreso than other stores we get people who won't be happy no matter what. I've worked for many different places and never seen people as vile as they shop here. It doesn't help that management is willing to bend over backwards to screw them sometimes.
There are favorites, and you'll know if you're one of them and know if you aren't.
Redcard sales
Company is anti-union
Minimum wage with yearly pay raises in the 12 to 30 cent range, give or take
Managers treat you like children - always expected to look busy even if there's nothing to do

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy don't you hire the people for ETL roles that come into work happy everyday and bust their butt for this company as opposed to people with Liberal Arts degrees that somehow know nothing about retail?

you get what you put in

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: you receive great salary and benefits for executive level positions… Cons: work/life balance is not good. You spend a lot of time in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Operator, overworked and underpaid

Operator (Current Employee)
    Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros: My coworkers were so awesome and were my favorite part… Cons: Management was not up to par with expectations Advice to Senior Management: Better treatment of coworkers (each and every single one of them),… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO John J. Mulligan. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.