Target
3.2 of 5 7,528 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

You get what you give.

Softlines Team Lead (Current Employee)
Roseville, CA

ProsTarget is an amazing company to work for. They are flexible when it comes to going to school and having to work, taking time off of work, and providing a safe and fun environment for their employees. I started out as a Starbucks Team Leader and moved my way to Softlines, which is even more of a challenge. I have put in a lot of work and hours as a leader in the store, and run several green departments. With me doing so well, I have been rewarded in pay, hours and great benefits. I have and will continue to work my way up to becoming an Executive Team Leader once I graduate this summer with my BA, and if you are looking for a company that will develop and make you a better worker Target is the best place to work.

ConsThe only con I can see is it is really tough, and I mean basically impossible, to get time off during the holidays. Obviously, I know what I signed up for when I got into retail as my job, but it was not a fun last year when I had to work at 6pm on Thanksgiving instead of being with my family. Other than that I love my job!

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways remember to try and develop your team, and promote from within. We want to always make sure our team knows that we want them, and that as long as they put in the work to learn and do more we will be willing to promote them.

Great company to work for now.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros: Management is understand about the work/life balance. Cons: The hours at works can sometimes be pretty long. More

Fun, Fast, Friendly, and Too time consuming.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Target

Pros: I met my Finance, Decent pay, Fun Team, Great relationships… Cons: Hectic hours. Requires a ton of patience when pursuing a promotion. Lack… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO John J. Mulligan. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.