Target
3.2 of 5 6,693 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Good Company all around, but quality of management and stores over all vary.

Stockroom/Sales Floor (Former Employee)
Waterloo, IA

I worked at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Solid performing company with good ethics that hire generally good people.
-Flexible with scheduling (depending on the store).
-Very strong Culture.

Cons-Transferring between stores can be hit or miss.
-My first store would listen to its non-management employees while my second would not, so I left the company.
-Holidays/Back-to-school can be demanding
-The strong culture mentioned above is simply a sales strategy hidden within a set of guidelines that are sugar-coated to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy. It is actually rather brilliant, but once you figure this out, you view your job very differently.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees that have been around for a while. They tend to have good ideas since they are the ones doing the work. Consistency in the way management handles employees on a store to store basis should be enforced.

Oodkdjf

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Target part-time

Pros: Great opportunity for growth if you have a college education.… Cons: No college education equals no/limited growth If you get stuck in one store you get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Turned a job into a career

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Friendly staff, allows site-to-site transfers, comfortable work attire, management sees… Cons: Big company means people can get lost in the mix, transferring to stores can be frustrating as the process takes a long time,… Advice to Senior Management: The vibe program is a good notion, but immediate recognition and compensation are paramount to folks… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.