There are newer employer reviews for Target

Awesome entry level experience, watch out for burn out...

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a lot more responsibility and experiences than my friends who were employed at other companies. Some people were really great to work with. Great leaderships building experience. Compensation was great.

Cons

Some people were absolutely horrible as peers, but had been with the company for so long, it was hard for STLS/ district management to get rid of them. Felt like I had to pretend that I was always on top of things, or else I would be considered a "needs attention".. A lot of people politics to deal with, and really high turnover in the ETL position. Even though work/life balance is a focus for the company, I was working a ton (ETLs are salaried at 50 hours, and from my experience usually work between 60 and 70)and felt exhausted after working each day. Also, as etl-hr, it was difficult to see how unhappy my TMs were and feeling like I couldn't do much to help( TMs pay is rediculously low and I felt pulled in so many different directions I felt like I could put in my best effort to make them happy, which was important to me because they are so hard working)

Advice to Management

I wish district did a better job of getting rid of ETLs who were not willing to adjust with changes, and who sucked the life out of their fellow ETLs...there was constant changing and overload of "top priorities" so I felt like I couldn't put in my best effort for any one project.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. A good start

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great amount of responsibility from the start.

Cons

The hours are irregular, making it difficult to spend time with friends and family outside of Target.

Advice to Management

Management did a great job of being involved with the executive team leaders.

2. What you'd expect of a customer service job

Former Employee - Plan-o-gram Team in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Plan-o-gram Team in Boulder, CO

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is easy, and you have very little in the way of responsibility. Easy to pick up extra hours and bonus pay for slightly more skilled work.

Cons

Boring. It's the same thing over and over, pretty monotonous. The schedule can be pretty inconsistent as well, making it hard to plan class and a social life around it.