Target
3.2 of 5 7,554 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Awesome entry level experience, watch out for burn out...

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

ProsI had a lot more responsibility and experiences than my friends who were employed at other companies. Some people were really great to work with. Great leaderships building experience. Compensation was great.

ConsSome people were absolutely horrible as peers, but had been with the company for so long, it was hard for STLS/ district management to get rid of them. Felt like I had to pretend that I was always on top of things, or else I would be considered a "needs attention".. A lot of people politics to deal with, and really high turnover in the ETL position. Even though work/life balance is a focus for the company, I was working a ton (ETLs are salaried at 50 hours, and from my experience usually work between 60 and 70)and felt exhausted after working each day. Also, as etl-hr, it was difficult to see how unhappy my TMs were and feeling like I couldn't do much to help( TMs pay is rediculously low and I felt pulled in so many different directions I felt like I could put in my best effort to make them happy, which was important to me because they are so hard working)

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish district did a better job of getting rid of ETLs who were not willing to adjust with changes, and who sucked the life out of their fellow ETLs...there was constant changing and overload of "top priorities" so I felt like I couldn't put in my best effort for any one project.

Fun

Operator (Former Employee)
    Livonia, MI

I worked at Target part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The coworkers are amazing. i worked there for 10 years. Cons: 11 p.m. can get old after years. Also when you have worked for… Advice to Senior Management: I think that you need to realize that the people below you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Oodkdjf

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Target part-time

Pros: Great opportunity for growth if you have a college education.… Cons: No college education equals no/limited growth If you get stuck in one store you get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO John J. Mulligan. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.