There are newer employer reviews for Target

Awesome entry level experience, watch out for burn out...

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had a lot more responsibility and experiences than my friends who were employed at other companies. Some people were really great to work with. Great leaderships building experience. Compensation was great.

Cons

Some people were absolutely horrible as peers, but had been with the company for so long, it was hard for STLS/ district management to get rid of them. Felt like I had to pretend that I was always on top of things, or else I would be considered a "needs attention".. A lot of people politics to deal with, and really high turnover in the ETL position. Even though work/life balance is a focus for the company, I was working a ton (ETLs are salaried at 50 hours, and from my experience usually work between 60 and 70)and felt exhausted after working each day. Also, as etl-hr, it was difficult to see how unhappy my TMs were and feeling like I couldn't do much to help( TMs pay is rediculously low and I felt pulled in so many different directions I felt like I could put in my best effort to make them happy, which was important to me because they are so hard working)

I wish district did a better job of getting rid of ETLs who were not willing to adjust with changes, and who sucked the life out of their fellow ETLs...there was constant changing and overload of "top priorities" so I felt like I couldn't put in my best effort for any one project.

8708 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Fun team, Crap hours

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Portland, OR

I worked at Target full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with! They were fun and very nice. The job wasn't hard either

Cons

Really crappy hours. Made me work alone a lot.

Let people work together more! It makes the day go faster and it makes the job more enjoyable.

Looking for opportunity to grow.

Former Employee - ETL-GE in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - ETL-GE in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Target full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Target is a great place to grow, there is always room for growth. However, you have to want it for yourself it isn't handed to you, working hard and mastering your skill is key for your success.

Cons

At times can be very discouraging when trying to promote within because everyone that is looking to succeed is on a mission by any means necessary. So you really have to be sure you know the business and know who has your best interest at heart.

Take care of your team. When they feel appreciated they will go above and beyond. Don't allow the stress of your position to weigh your teams morale down. You are a reflection of your team and their productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for Target