Awesome!!!

Former Employee - Cashier in DeKalb, IL
Former Employee - Cashier in DeKalb, IL

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They were very flexible and worked around employees schedules. Upper management really tried to make the environment fun and friendly. Had friendly competitions on the amount of red cards individuals could get and had small prizes. The ability to transfer was great.

Cons

Really the only down side in my opinion is the retail hours!! Stores probably vary in culture as well which always made me nervous about transferring.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good second job, definitely not a career place. Thankfully it was my second job for spending cash.

Former Employee - Guest Service Trainer in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Guest Service Trainer in Ventura, CA

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice managers, coworkers and HR staff. Super easy job. If youre a good worker than they'll work you a lot.

Cons

Pay is awful, even for managers with degrees its laughable. A lot of people you deal with (customers and coworkers alike) are very unintelligent. Hours aren't desirable (as with any retail job).

Advice to Management

I would just suggest to bridge the gap a little more with pay of store managers and regular team members. So many of my coworkers had families to feed and couldn't because the pay was so awful. I also dont think it necessary to need a degree to move up into management.

Good Company all around, but quality of management and stores over all vary.

Former Employee - Stockroom/Sales Floor in Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Stockroom/Sales Floor in Waterloo, IA

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Solid performing company with good ethics that hire generally good people. -Flexible with scheduling (depending on the store). -Very strong Culture.

Cons

-Transferring between stores can be hit or miss. -My first store would listen to its non-management employees while my second would not, so I left the company. -Holidays/Back-to-school can be demanding -The strong culture mentioned above is simply a sales strategy hidden within a set of guidelines that are sugar-coated to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy. It is actually rather brilliant, but once you figure this out, you view your job very differently.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees that have been around for a while. They tend to have good ideas since they are the ones doing the work. Consistency in the way management handles employees on a store to store basis should be enforced.