Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Awesome!!!

Former Employee - Cashier in DeKalb, IL
Former Employee - Cashier in DeKalb, IL

I worked at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They were very flexible and worked around employees schedules. Upper management really tried to make the environment fun and friendly. Had friendly competitions on the amount of red cards individuals could get and had small prizes. The ability to transfer was great.

Cons

Really the only down side in my opinion is the retail hours!! Stores probably vary in culture as well which always made me nervous about transferring.

9228 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great.

I have been working at Target

Pros

+Great knowledge gained
    +Keeps you busy
    +Always changing to better the business

Cons

-Sometimes the workload is too much

Great Company That Gives Back

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Target full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Target gives back to their team members with catering on holidays and fun events to celebrate when goals are reached. The schedule is very flexible unless its a holiday. The executive team makes it a point to take interest in each one of their team members and personalizing recognition. The pay is very competitive and the training is very thorough. Whether you are a cashier or an executive, you will be trained on how to do your job, from beginning to end and also how to give amazing guest service.

Cons

It's hard to have a work/life balance. As the company is restricting payroll hours to save money, the work load is becoming heavier for the executives and team leads. You are asked to do a lot in a short amount of time so its hard to put detail into your work. You are always doing just enough to get by because that's all you have time for. It puts a lot of pressure and stress on the management which trickles down to the team members. Many days, I didn't leave at my scheduled time.

There are newer employer reviews for Target