Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great Organization

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Boston, MA

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and bonus programs.
Great benefits
Excellent 401k

Cons

Holiday hours are intense, temporary hires are needed during this time of year. Don't get me wrong, this is not a complaint, it needs to be done each year.

Don't forget we need life balance. We also have families and loved ones we need to spend time with. The pay is good but we need time to enjoy the fruits of our labor. I love this company.

9232 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Selfish managers

Former Employee - Senior Team Lead
    Former Employee - Senior Team Lead

I worked at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The perks of working at Target are the benefits, not talking about health insurance because it could be way better, it is very affordable for families, you don't have to pay per child. The 10% employee discount, friendly co-workers, family life insurance also make it bearable.

Cons

Working at store that are in a bad location lead to cut hours. The management needs to reorganize so some teams aren't taking up other teams hours. During slumps the unrealistic goals of the upper management demoralizes the team. Stop focusing on all the numbers and support your team.

Stop being selfish and help your team out. Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you sit on your rear. A good team needs a leadership from upper management not just immediate managers.

Politics and too many layers

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, opportunity to work in different areas (pyramids), salary was competitive

Cons

Too many management layers and too little decision making, managers (especially those from other pyramids) don't do a good job of recognizing and rewarding talent. Very political and too much time wasted on "collaboration" to try to find a job. Managers/KMG sometimes don't have the financial/business expertise and act like they know what they're talking about. Benefits and vacation is a joke. No bonuses paid to those not in management roles.

Shed some of the fat. Way too many layers and people doing menial jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Target