Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great Organization

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Boston, MA

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and bonus programs.
Great benefits
Excellent 401k

Cons

Holiday hours are intense, temporary hires are needed during this time of year. Don't get me wrong, this is not a complaint, it needs to be done each year.

Don't forget we need life balance. We also have families and loved ones we need to spend time with. The pay is good but we need time to enjoy the fruits of our labor. I love this company.

10103 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

I am Global, can work manyb different jobs at Target.

Current Employee - Cashier in Clinton Township, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier in Clinton Township, MI

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Target is the People they are great.

Cons

The salary, a person cannot live on what they pay.

Promote your good employees before you lose them.

Overworked, Unappreciated, Underpaid Team Member

Former Employee - Cashier in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Augusta, GA

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some cool people to work with and nice merchandise

Cons

1) Weird hours and unworkable hours like coming in at 4:30 pm-12 am and then coming in the next day at 8:00 am 2) low pay its laughable for the amount of work you do 3) company is into quantity over quality, Target cares about speed over anything. If you do the work but don't get it finished when they want it, you get treated as if you didn't do it at all. 4)Not enough employees on floor. People working multiple sections because Managers cut hours, but still expect things completed in a short time.( ex: zone whole sections in 10 minutes!)Employees on floor have to work multiple sections. 1 person at Customer Service, 1 in Electronics, 1 person in electronics works 3 different sections,1 person in the food court with 6 customers in line. the 1 employee working 3 sections, keeps getting called up for back up cashier because Target only has 3 cashiers working until 4:30. The fitting room person having to answer phones and count customers items is unrealistic. Answering phone calls back to back with about 8 people waiting for a dressing room, folding clothes. So customer has to walk over to another section to get help, taking that employee away from their assigned area, etc, the cycle continues. Way to many managers but store is disorganized.Training to Target is telling you how to do it one time, If you ask again you get treated like your stupid. I will never work for this company again. I worked at two different Target stores and got the same issues.

Better training, more employees on floor, at least two per section, minimum 5 cashiers at all times of the day,better pay. Break up fitting room jobs, one person answers phones, while the other keeps fitting room clean, Electronic person in charge of electronics only! Stop forcing employees to sell red cards. Customer are tired of being asked.

There are newer employer reviews for Target