Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Pleasant first job

Current Employee - Guest Service
Current Employee - Guest Service

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours
People
Flexible scheduling
Look to promote within the store
Multiple areas to work in keep the day going

Cons

Management is slow to help
Guest experiences can be awful
Schedules are not consistent
Hours fluctuate

Respond for help when it is needed, you are an employee here too. And if someone has a problem, don't just blow it off.

9256 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Good Experience

Former Employee - Security Officer in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Framingham, MA

I worked at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Constant reviews on performance / salary. Fair Management. Good work environment. Stable company

Cons

If you are not interested in moving up, they will weed you out. Ive seen it time and time again. If you are looking to "bed down" into a stagnant position, you will not last forever. They want people who are will to grow the company and if they see you as different to that model, they will weed you out.

A great place to work and to have fun while doing so!

Current Employee - Cashier/Service Desk in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Cashier/Service Desk in Madison, WI

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been working for Target for one year now. I am trained as a cashier and a service desk member. By referring to consumers as "guests" creates a friendly environment allowing for me to explain why I cannot return the item they are trying to return.
    The guests are overall more friendly then those of our competitors resulting in a more cheerful environment. Environment, and how it is perceived, is a huge driving force in my store. The team leads and above actually listen to what you have to say and will explain why they have to react to it in a certain way. When you confront a team lead or above with an idea they will take their time to explain why that idea could work or why it is improbable. The HR team knows everyone by name and are not afraid to admit that they made a mistake. For example I have a later starting availability on a few days of the week and yet on one of the schedules they had me starting an hour before I could. I talked to an HR team member and was told that they would figure something out. I have yet to hear the resolution to my predicament but I am lead to believe, from past transgressions, that this will have been resolved that will make all parties involved happy.

Cons

Not enough sales floor team members due to not enough pay roll hours. This not only harms the guests experience while shopping, as the sales floor team members are constantly having to back up at the front lanes, but to the service desk as well. When the sales floor team members are always up at the front lanes it creates a lapse in how fast they can get their closing duties done which results in the closing duties at the service desk to have a lapse. There are sometimes where I cannot complete my closing duties when working at the service desk. But you do the best with what you have.

By giving stores more pay roll hours you might be giving the stores a push in a positive direction. A happy employee reflects well on the company, an overworked employee is not a happy employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Target