Target

www.target.com

Retail at a fast pace

Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsDiscount, big corporate resources, somewhat flexible hours and trend focused.

ConsRetail hours, super fast paced and physical job that is tiring if not at a speciality counter. Annual benefits enrollment only, pay sucks and forget more than a $.25 raise even if you meet all the proficient/excellent levels. Pay grades are a joke and zero incentive to do a great job other than to merely keep your job. Advancement opportunities don't pay much more and one works even more and worse hours. Not a job to make a living at unless you are a manager and work 50-60+ hr work weeks. All about metrics n corporate despite all the HR n mgmt feel good moments. Brainwashing at its best with haphazard training. You will be a number here even if u work like a dog and your mgrs adore you as it is all about the metrics so mgmt n corporate get their $/bonuses. Advancement to corporate unlikely unless you have been a manager/ETL.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbarrassing to be paid less than a Walmart employees. If you expect concierge level guest service and top notch performance reward for such with better pay and benefits. There is no performance based pay for anyone on the floor other than ETL's. Appreciation vibe moments don't pay the bills and become trite after a while.

Intense logistic-based retail that lacks creative input from management

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

I worked at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Salary, benefits, schedule all make for an enticing career move.… Cons: Integrity gaps within leadership teams, poor disposition towards subordinate team… Advice to Senior Management: Remove the education glass ceiling for team members that have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I have had a great experience at Target.

I have been working at Target

Pros: Ok pay / benefits Great Hours Cons: I have experienced any cons . More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!