Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great experience

Former Employee - Intern in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Intern in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best reasons is the brand.

Cons

Location was not ideal as I was still in school.

Everything was great - I enjoyed my time.

10040 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Loved being in back stock!

Former Employee - Back Stock Clerk in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Back Stock Clerk in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job kept me plenty busy and had extensive training in multiple departments. I would still be there but with my kids starting school, I couldn't work the 4am shift any longer. No complaints about management.

Cons

Had to bring in my own cold weather gear to work in the freezers. They did not have adequate protection from the -20 degree winds generated by the freezer fans. With an awesome company like Target, you would think that hefty coats or gloves would be provided.

Appreciated the surprise visits at 7am when you brought coffee and doughnuts to let us know we were valued! Keep working to keep employee moral high.

A forward thinking company that's undergoing major transitions.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You develop close relationships with your coworkers. There is a reasonable amount of promotional oppurtunities. Cross-training is looked upon highly. They have a great 401k package and pension plan, although I do believe the pension plan has since been discontinued around 5 years ago.

Cons

There are no full time positions except for "Executive Team Leads." Hours can be slim and are not guaranteed, especially if you work in only one particular workcenter. Management is top heavy and often micromanage instead of working alongside their teams.

Cut back on the number of managers throughout stores. There are far too many and it would benefit the company greatly if they increased the number of hourly employees and eliminated several high-salary store-level management positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Target