There are newer employer reviews for Target

horrible job,horrible pay,horrible people to work with. stay away if you can

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

none. noting. there is no pros here in target

Cons

horrible job,horrible pay,horrible people to work with. stay away if you can i haven't have a chance to find a different job but im almost done with target. by cutting hours and making people work harder you are getting nowhere and more and more employees will leave soon

Advice to Management

none. they wont take any advice

Other Employee Reviews for Target

It starts out okay but it's all down hill from there

Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working with my coworkers. They are a good group of people, and many of them are now my friends. Target is flexible with scheduling, and would be a good fit for someone who only wanted a part time job while in school. There are a few really kind and helpful ETL's and LOD's which make working there better.

Cons

Corporate is terrible! Our store is suffering because every month it seems like there are more and more budget cuts, and more "great ideas" from head quarters about how we should do our jobs to increase guest satisfaction and productivity. The bad thing is that none of them work well in the store, and end up taking more time to complete tasks or help guests. You can get yelled at, and get in trouble for guest survey scores saying, "There aren't enough team members available," when there was only one person on the salesfloor for an entire closing shift because Target is too cheap to pay for another employee to assist guests and make their store look nice. It's tough when you do 3 peoples jobs everyday, have guests yell at you because they are frustrated, and then have management tell you that you need to be everywhere in the store. Also, forget getting a decent raise. I've been with Target for over a year, and have worked in Hardlines, Cashier, Softlines, Market, Cart Attendant, and Electronics to help the store because we need coverage.(predominately Hardlines and Market.) I received an excellent annual review, and was congratulated on my hard work and told I was one of the best team members on hardlines, but I only received an $0.08 raise. Since then I have been passed up on a promotion in Market(they told me two months after I had already been doing the job that I was a temporary and that I was filling in while they were interviewing other people for the position), had a leader bully me, and almost everyday is stressful because we dont have hours to effectively run the store. The whole teams moral is way down, and many people have quit, or are looking for another job. My moral and love for the company is sadly lacking. Target let me down.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team members, and try to help them. Don't be too faced. Also, there is a serious lack of communication.

2. You wanna work for Idiots?

Pros

Clearance is very very good

Cons

This place is hell! Don't ever work for this Company. The LOVE retaliate.

Advice to Management

Hey LOD's stop sitting in the Office all day!