Target

www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

A forward thinking company that's undergoing major transitions.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You develop close relationships with your coworkers. There is a reasonable amount of promotional oppurtunities. Cross-training is looked upon highly. They have a great 401k package and pension plan, although I do believe the pension plan has since been discontinued around 5 years ago.

Cons

There are no full time positions except for "Executive Team Leads." Hours can be slim and are not guaranteed, especially if you work in only one particular workcenter. Management is top heavy and often micromanage instead of working alongside their teams.

Cut back on the number of managers throughout stores. There are far too many and it would benefit the company greatly if they increased the number of hourly employees and eliminated several high-salary store-level management positions.

9656 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

target

Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Manteca, CA
    Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Manteca, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For the most part it is a great company to work for. Amazing team. Great team leads and etls. You feel right at home.

Cons

Some team leads/members don't pull their own weight which makes it hard at times. I love my job and what I do but there are times when you can't help but feel like I am being pressured too much and when I feel that other team members don't pull their own weight.

Recognize the team. Make them feel appreciated for all the hard work that they do. At my previous store, I rarely remember ever being recognized for all the work and effort I put by my own Team Lead and ETL for Logistics. I was usually recognized by other teams for cross training in other deparments and helping out when ever needed. Since transferring to the store where I am at, I feel like I am actually making a difference in my own team and that I am somebody, and not just one of the hundreds of workers. Within two months of transferring I was made Team Trainer/Peer Leader which makes me believe that I am capable of doing a good job and that gives me motivation to want to grow within the company.

Not very honest

I have been working at Target

Pros

Vacation is great after 5 years

Cons

If you are not a minority, find another job.

Look at who is staying with the company and move forward with them

There are newer employer reviews for Target