Target
3.2 of 5 6,713 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

A forward thinking company that's undergoing major transitions.

Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou develop close relationships with your coworkers. There is a reasonable amount of promotional oppurtunities. Cross-training is looked upon highly. They have a great 401k package and pension plan, although I do believe the pension plan has since been discontinued around 5 years ago.

ConsThere are no full time positions except for "Executive Team Leads." Hours can be slim and are not guaranteed, especially if you work in only one particular workcenter. Management is top heavy and often micromanage instead of working alongside their teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut back on the number of managers throughout stores. There are far too many and it would benefit the company greatly if they increased the number of hourly employees and eliminated several high-salary store-level management positions.

Like all retail jobs

I have been working at Target

Pros: Pay, work-life balance, company discount Cons: You have long hours and holidays/weekends like any retail job,… More

Sucked.

Guest Service Representative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's better than Walmart, but that isn't saying much. Cons: Absolutely terrible. I wouldn't wish this place on my own… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with some respect, they are humans. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.