Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Not all it's cracked up to be

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader
Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I met some of the best friends I will ever have there

Cons

Giving your all for a company that considers you disposable and is not shy about sharing that feeling with its staff is one of the most demoralizing things I have ever gone through. Work life balance is non existant as they expect you to live, breath, eat and sleep "Fast Fun and Friendly" while giving only hollow praise back, while all the while watching for each team member to stumble so they can be "coached".

Hire ETL's that actually HAVE management experience in a real world environment, not just plastic college graduates that stand around looking helpless when confronted with an issue or a problem

9256 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

horrible job,horrible pay,horrible people to work with. stay away if you can

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

none. noting. there is no pros here in target

Cons

horrible job,horrible pay,horrible people to work with. stay away if you can
    i haven't have a chance to find a different job but im almost done with target.
    by cutting hours and making people work harder you are getting nowhere and more and more employees will leave soon

none. they wont take any advice

Awesome 401k, great people.

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have some really awesome co-workers; they make coming to work every day fun and worthwhile. Target has an amazing 401k. It's fast paced and time flies.

Cons

The executives don't spend much time on the floor. They take long lunches and have even longer meetings. Most of them lack common sense or experience. Few, if any, have worked their way up from a part-time position. They come in straight out of business school or internships and have zero retail experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Target