There are newer employer reviews for Target

Intense logistic-based retail that lacks creative input from management

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Nashua, NH
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Nashua, NH

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, benefits, schedule all make for an enticing career move. The Target brand can serve one's resume well.

Cons

Integrity gaps within leadership teams, poor disposition towards subordinate team members, military-style hierarchy that does not foster teambuilding or relationships.

Advice to Management

Remove the education glass ceiling for team members that have demonstrated a commitment to the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. Target is continuously evolving and has the guts to try new things even if they make a mistake.

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Portland, OR

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The reason I'm in retail is for the pay. Target is no exception. Pay, benefits, hardworking peers, movement opportunities, and exciting everyday tasks are the best part of the job. I also have every other weekend off which is unusual for retail.

Cons

Although the job is very rewarding, the Hours needed to complete the workload are extensive. Expect to work 60 hrs a week if you have a mediocre team and 50 hrs minimum if you have a great team. Visits and interviews are very important snapshots and can sometimes blacklist you.

Advice to Management

I like the new talent rollout, I hope we can shed our old way of classifying team members and give everyone a fair shake.

2. Company is good, job was not.

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Newark, DE

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly supervisors and bosses Very prestigious company Organized, no problems as far as salary or calling off

Cons

Overnight stocker job seemed undermanned Call in days were quite often and out of the blue Many co workers were no shows which ment more work for you Mandatory holiday work days