There are newer employer reviews for Target

Moved up quickly, company changed a lot...

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Potential growth if that is what you want.

Cons

Amount of workload that is expected to get done. It's not possible. Each year they add more and more change or policy on your plate. You work well over 50 hours a week. No work life balance

I was promoted internally.. Please train new executives properly. Business college is a joke. The worst part, and part of the reason I resigned was that I had to answer to or work with store managers or exectives that did not know one thing about retail or Target in general. My team felt the same way as well. Target has a lot of loyal employees, it is so demoralizing when there new boss is someone who read best pratice and now thinks they can be a leader. Target is changing and going in a direction that I was not able to follow. I do give a lot of credit and thank Target for molding my career in retail.

8247 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Project Managaer

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Alot of great and smart people, very flexible schedule, good pay and benefits.

Cons

Alot of work to be done, emphasis on sales so much as this could be the reason you have job or not.

Managers need to give more credit to their project managers, they do alot of work and most of the time go un-noticed.

Decent Company - Your Experience will Differ Store to Store

Former Employee - Brand Team Member  in  Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Brand Team Member in Eugene, OR

I worked at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tv/Movies in the breakroom sometimes with free food, raises every year, cross training which allows you to pick up more hours in other areas of the store, friendly co-workers, they almost always approve time off requests, most LOD's can be really caring and offer help/advice when you really need it.

Cons

Clique-ish LOD's (bosses) and co-workers, LOD's have favorite employees and they make it obvious, rarely ever let you go past team lead without a degree.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!