There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great for kids, not for adults

Current Employee - Electronics Specialist in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Electronics Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have 45 minutes for lunch. They have everything you might want in one location and the prices were very good.

Cons

The management would not list to the employee's when they needed help but would blame you first if you did something wrong. They don't give the proper training and when they do, the instructor wouldn't be fully trained either.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. Selfish leeches, No respect for the worker.

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job and that's just about it, might as well work at Walmart.

Cons

Don't get hurt there they will lie to target pay and benefits about how many days you missed due to you're work related injury. It went from 4 days to none even after speaking to lazy etl hr!!!! They get you so frustrated so you will just quit and no more worker's comp!!! How is that fair? Target participates in the work the workers to death plan so they do not have yo pay the worker any money even though the worker complains they are in pain. Thry don't care about anyone just getting those stupid red cards. Which they just mark up crap to make it seem like u are saving!

Advice to Management

Don' t be lazy help out the regular workers who slave for they're money.

A great starting place...challenge getting out

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is good (for executives)...sometimes too good if you do well, making it hard to justify changing careers. You learn leadership. Compared to other retailers, working every other weekend and closing one night a week is attractive* It is a stable company. There are some great team members that you work with.

Cons

It started out as a great place to work and I enjoyed it. It has increasingly became more difficult and more challenging to get the job done. 1) Payroll has became excessively tight and getting the job done is becoming increasingly challenging. Also, pay is not as good for hourly team members. 2) Target has TOO many metrics that do not correlate with bottom line sales and profitability and your overall performance is assessed off of those, not whether you are running a profitable store. I will not say this is across the company, but in our region it is. 3) They have reduced the number of leaders in stores progressively over the last 4-5 years, increasing the stress on Executives and Team Leaders...which makes it harder on team members to be successful. And those team members that are, leave quickly for better jobs. 4) From * above...If you are not an executive, do not expect more than 25-35 hours each week. If you are an executive, expect an average of 50-55 hours a week...with occasional 60-70 hour weeks. I have been told other retailers have better work life balances for leadership, but it doesn't sound as attractive. 5) Pretty stressful environment for leaders. Balancing handling their area, trying to motivate team members who want 40, but can only get 30 and can't pay bills, and handling guest issues. 6) They expect high levels of flexibility from the team to deliver results, but don't give the same level of respect back for family needs***When requesting vacation or time off, you end up messing up your schedule and having to work your off weekends...team members typically need to work every weekend.

Advice to Management

Reduce the number of metrics that do not correlate to profitability. Look at our leadership pyramid and see if it truly makes sense...Turn over at the mid-level leadership is at an all time high right now and I believe we have been cut too thin and the stress is too high.