Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Cart Attending is a good intro job.

Current Employee - Cart Attendant in Medina, MN
Current Employee - Cart Attendant in Medina, MN

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Target is a great place to work. They take the employee's schedules into consideration carefully, respond to HR requests, and are accomodating.

Cons

Cart attending can become repetitive and uninteresting.

9256 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Love the company and atmosphere, hated the pay...

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people (at all levels) there were great! I got experience in working all different positions throughout the store which helped me to gain new skills and gave me an idea of what I liked and didn't like.

Cons

The pay for the position I was in just wasn't enough and really did not match the experience I have or my education level. The schedule changes every week which is annoying and they dont give full time except to managers. So some weeks I would work like 30 hours and the next they would only give me 15. very inconsistent.

Give more opportunities to advance especially if sales floor team members are already working close to 40 hours per week and are over qualified...sounds like they are dedicated and may make good management material right? so give them the chance to shadow someone in management and apply if any positions open up.

Exec. Team Leader - Asst Store Manager

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, unless you have an incompetent district manage,

Cons

Typical retail hours, with weekends, and most holidays open. As with most corporations today - expect you to accomplish more with fewer employees. Work smarter not harder is not always possible. Must have bodies to accomplish certain work no matter how smart you work.

Look at competence of district manager before making decisions on those below. He/She may be the cause of poor operations. At what point do you stop cutting hours and working your good employees to death and realize that the majority of employees are working at max capacity and additional employees are necessary to accomplish the expected tasks?

There are newer employer reviews for Target