Target
3.2 of 5 6,700 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Great career development & experiences

Store Team Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou control your destiny at Target if you have strong business acumen, are able to get results through your team and stay positive and solutions oriented. I truly enjoy the autonomy and freedom I have to run my store and lead my team to exceed company standards. High importance placed on leadership development for team and self.

ConsVery metric driven, even when metrics don't mean great service or the right thing for the team/guest. Work/life balance is not great and we teach our teams to expect all leaders to be on the floor at all times, which leads little time for planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep expectations realistic while being innovative and cutting expenses. Find a way to give work/life balance back to those in retail. I love retail and I love Target, but it is EASY to get burned out here and I don't want to feel that way, but it is inevitable at this point. Lastly, do away with the Best Team Survey! It is such a hollow, pencil whipped activity at this point and lost its genuine focus on seeking and implementing what the team wants. True feedback isn't given at the executive level because focus stores punish all leaders, not just the focus leader.

Executive Team Leader

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Target full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: -Great Company to Work for -Great Developmental Culture -Great Culture Cons: -Very few hours given to each store to do the amount of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company continually seeking ways to improve everything they do to run their business

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Interesting projects; Seeks to continually stay ahead of the technology… Cons: Don't always make the best decisions about how to spend… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.