Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Fun, Young, Energetic

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great, and you get a good mentor.
The hours are reasonable, and the work can be exciting.

Cons

It's pretty cold in Minneapolis.
You don't have too much say in what sector you'll be put into

You're doing great

9261 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

The good and the bad

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, Target as a company is doing very well and I appreciate the direction that they are heading as a company. They are doing a lot to attract and engage customers. It is a very friendly environment and everyone wants you to succeed. Opportunities for cross training and advancement are there for the taking.

Cons

Unfortunately, Target like other companies has made major cuts in expenses such as payroll. Target is super hypocritical about guest service on the sales floor. They need to schedule 2 to 4 more cashiers at a time on many days. Because they don't, sales floor is expected to pick up the cashiering slack, leaving only one team member on the ENTIRE sales floor. This does not provide good guest service, and sales floor gets criticized for falling behind on their daily tasks, but they are cashiering so much that it would be impossible to stay caught up all the time. Target preaches that is cares about its team members and is good at training, but many times people get thrown onto the sales floor by themselves on the first day and never get trained on anything.

I am a Sales Floor Team Leader. As part of that job I have my own area of the store to watch over, but typically only spend 5 to 10 hours a week in my area due to the fact that I am expected to help with other duties around the store as well. But between area tasks and daily maintenance of a department , they need to provide more time to the Team Leads to do this, versus requiring them to do more tasks such as stocking that they could hire extra team embers to help out with.

Payroll kills the sales floor team. As stated in my cons section, we regularly only have one sales floor team member on the entire floor due to cashiering. This is not fair to the guests, or to the team, as it severely decreases morale. If we are to provide the level of guest service that you are searching for, we need more payroll.

Sales Floor Team leader at target

Former Employee - Presentation Team Leader in Salinas, CA
    Former Employee - Presentation Team Leader in Salinas, CA

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits for team leaders, great co-workers.

Cons

Executives disconnected from reality, corporate even worse. Run their employees dry to make sales plan. Always understaffed. Low pay for job responsibilities. Favoritism. Constantly changing routines for team leaders like "we are in college." High Turnover amongst sales floor team members due to no hours. No respect given to team leaders or team members by upper management.

wipe the "I went to college" so I don't have to get my hands dirty chip off your shoulder. Its funny how once I mentioned I was a college grad as well attitudes changed from upper management. They secretly look down on everyone who works there as a "slave"

There are newer employer reviews for Target