There are newer employer reviews for Target

Sucked.

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's better than Walmart, but that isn't saying much.

Cons

Absolutely terrible. I wouldn't wish this place on my own worst enemy.

Treat your employees with some respect, they are humans.

8623 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Not the picture that was painted! (Distribution)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stuarts Draft, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stuarts Draft, VA

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

The pay was awesome and the trainers were very helpful.

Cons

The job is physically draining, daily expectations are far-fetched for employees in the distribution centers, process of getting hired is tough but getting fired is fast, no perks and benefits, poor management/leader communication, not enough diversity in workplace

I would be more careful in choosing my leaders and managers. People who have never done the job do not understand the severity of the position. Also, there should be some type of class that management should go through to train them on how to talk to employees. Having a college education is an awesome credential and achievement, but it does not mean that that person is the best candidate for leading a group of people. All managers/leaders should have some physical experience on how the flow of things go in a distribution center, and not just sitting in the offices on labtops looking at numbers. A great leader should be able to jump in and help out when needed. Dictation is easy but performing the job is a lot harder.

Loved being in back stock!

Former Employee - Back Stock Clerk in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Back Stock Clerk in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This job kept me plenty busy and had extensive training in multiple departments. I would still be there but with my kids starting school, I couldn't work the 4am shift any longer. No complaints about management.

Cons

Had to bring in my own cold weather gear to work in the freezers. They did not have adequate protection from the -20 degree winds generated by the freezer fans. With an awesome company like Target, you would think that hefty coats or gloves would be provided.

Appreciated the surprise visits at 7am when you brought coffee and doughnuts to let us know we were valued! Keep working to keep employee moral high.

There are newer employer reviews for Target