There are newer employer reviews for Target

Senior art director

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Huge budgets. Great projects. You get to work with some great agencies and photographers.

Cons

Many in management are fools. Their careers have only escalated because they know how to hire well but they themselves are talentless. You get a creative title but are either doing production work on campaigns that other agencies started or you're managing agencies.

Ask employees about the upper management. There are some high level folks who make it a bad place to work. You can tell they fear those who are smarter than them.

8613 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Okay place to work but the salary is very low for the work that you have to do. Good place to start.

Current Employee - Cashier in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Washington, DC

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Target has a good working environment. Nice and friendly people. Great place to work in a customer service and retail environment

Cons

The pay is very low for the work that they make you do. The interview process is narrowly focused on several questions that don't necessarily make a good or bad potential fit for the job.

Provide employees with the recognition that they deserve rather than lowballing them. Do a better job at retaining and rewarding team members who are actually doing a good job and train and coach those who are not.

Overall I have had a good experience with the guest and most of the management at target

Current Employee - Presentation Team Member in Cicero, IL
    Current Employee - Presentation Team Member in Cicero, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

early morning start times are the biggest bonus for me

Cons

i feel like I am being held back and not worked to my capacity. I give 110% and I am rewarded by not getting any hours.

Mentor your team members who have potential. Stop holding them back or telling them that they are not experienced enough

There are newer employer reviews for Target