Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Senior art director

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Huge budgets. Great projects. You get to work with some great agencies and photographers.

Cons

Many in management are fools. Their careers have only escalated because they know how to hire well but they themselves are talentless. You get a creative title but are either doing production work on campaigns that other agencies started or you're managing agencies.

Ask employees about the upper management. There are some high level folks who make it a bad place to work. You can tell they fear those who are smarter than them.

9053 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Where dreams go to die.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Encinitas, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Encinitas, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work during the day shift, there are a lot of attractive housewives who shop aimlessly.

Cons

Most management I worked under had the collective intelligence of a boot. Everything had to be "brand" so that everyone would mindlessly comply, no matter how idiotic the orders were. It is not hard to see why the company is following the path of K-Mart...

Stop trying to be Walmart. Group huddles do not work. Specific instruction. Schedule people appropriately and do not try to inflate the bottom line. Your idiocy is why there always seems to be 50 people checking out with only 2 registers open at the end of the night.

Sales Floor Team leader at target

Former Employee - Presentation Team Leader in Salinas, CA
    Former Employee - Presentation Team Leader in Salinas, CA

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits for team leaders, great co-workers.

Cons

Executives disconnected from reality, corporate even worse. Run their employees dry to make sales plan. Always understaffed. Low pay for job responsibilities. Favoritism. Constantly changing routines for team leaders like "we are in college." High Turnover amongst sales floor team members due to no hours. No respect given to team leaders or team members by upper management.

wipe the "I went to college" so I don't have to get my hands dirty chip off your shoulder. Its funny how once I mentioned I was a college grad as well attitudes changed from upper management. They secretly look down on everyone who works there as a "slave"

There are newer employer reviews for Target