Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

It was a great learning experience working in the pharmacy.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern
Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

Good discounts and great store. Management treats employees well.

Cons

Company very uptight about certain things in the pharmacy that don't matter and take away from the quality of patient care provided. Eg. "No registration pad on the pharmacy front counter." Minute things that don't matter

Also, the pharmacy system is the worst I've seen.

Focus more on patient care than stupid detail that has nothing to do with patient care. The computer system is super backward compared to competitors such as Walgreens, etc

9220 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

You can advance if you are extremely vocal and persistent. Hard work alone isn't enough.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Riverview, FL

I worked at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are flexible.Job kept me busy and I usually worked independently. Getting cross-trained and picking up extra shifts can happen if you are willing and volunteer often.

Cons

Getting more hours can be very difficult depending on what season it is. Management was extremely forgetful, so if you needed anything done (whether you want to be trained in other areas, be promoted, etc) you have to say something every single time you see them. Telling one manager isn't enough, you need to individually tell all of them.

There really needs to be a system that makes it easier for people to pick up each others shifts. It would also be nice if there was one manager who didn't have to work the sales floor as well, so they could concentrate on mentoring/training. Having to constantly do the work of a regular team member and a manager keeps management distracted, and their performance suffers.

I was a team leader at Target.

Current Employee - Backroom/In-Stocks Team Lead
    Current Employee - Backroom/In-Stocks Team Lead

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the opportunities that they offered you if you showed management potential and actually worked hard.

Cons

Too many people worked there that didn't seem to work too much, but yet somehow had a job. I would have honestly fired over 50% of the workforce from the Target I worked at.

Upper management needs to make it easier for these problem workers to get let go. They make you jump through a million hoops to be able to fire someone. Also, ask more questions from team members one on one about management! This way you will be able to find out who is actually doing there job and who is just putting on a show when there is a visit!

There are newer employer reviews for Target