Tremendous teamwork, low pay

Former Employee - Operator in Ankeny, IA
Former Employee - Operator in Ankeny, IA

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management at Target is top-notch. Most of them are hard workers with team spirit and a desire to help you succeed. You won't need a gym membership when you work on the sales floor! You will stay in shape through the extremely fast-paced environment. I loved the work and the encouragement that I received daily.

Cons

If the amazing encouragement worked its way into a higher hourly wage, I would have stayed. I started at $8 hr. and although the reviews I was given were glowing, the pay never increased.

Advice to Management

Please find a way to to increase the hourly rate for your employees so that you can keep those who work hard and are loyal to you. Not everyone who has managerial skills has had the opportunity to be college educated. You will keep these quality employees if they see that they have an opportunity to be promoted.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ok

Current Employee - Hard Lines Team Member in Plainville, MA
    Current Employee - Hard Lines Team Member in Plainville, MA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great team members, flexible hours

Cons

. Do not approach or groom team members that are capable for promotions within company.

Advice to Management

Think about promoting team members who are loyal, responsible, and can do the job.

great company to work for that has just temporarily lost its way

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in New Suffolk, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in New Suffolk, NY

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Teamwork
    Focus on creating a Fast, Fun, and Friendly place to work for our hourly team members, unfortunately that stops at the hourly level.

Cons

work/life balance
    Too many executives hired directly out of college with no leadership experience expected to run $35-$100 million stores makes it extremely difficult for their peers

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics. We sell stuff. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel. PCCI's, WTV's, PG distinctions, leadership status... We have our leaders spinning in circles to get all of these things done and then are criticized by senior leaders that the documents are not well written. Let our leaders focus on merchandising the floor and getting it filled. Great leaders will create great leaders. We don't need all of these other things getting in the way.