Target

www.target.com

A company in transition.

Business Process Consultant (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat people who want to do great work. A collaborative environment. The Fast Fun and Friendly culture at HQ is genuine. The work itself can be very fun and rewarding.

ConsSometimes promotion criteria is a mystery and an exceedingly political process. Due to strategic missteps, our transformation to being a truly multichannel retailer is not moving fast enough. Layers of bureaucracy makes getting things done difficult, especially new initiatives lacking a standard playbook. It is hard for individuals to move across "pyramids" which drives many people to leave the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder to get the unfiltered truth from team members. Stop focusing on just the headlines, since this causes the painful truth to be filtered out in order to "tell a better story". Worry less about process and more about making the right business decision. Empower your people to deliver great results. Ultimately, create an environment where the best decision for the business and the best decision for one's career are the same thing.

Good for students . . . but not if you're wanting to move up.

Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

I worked at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Everyone is very friendly and supportive. It's a fun place to work and fairly flexible if you're taking classes,… Cons: Nearly impossible to move up, I was told by one of my managers that they'd rather… Advice to Senior Management: PROMOTE FROM WITHIN! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you're in the right store, it's like a family.

Cashier (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good people, close to my house Cons: Low income, Don't always get as many hours as needed,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!