There are newer employer reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member  in  Streetsboro, OH
Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Streetsboro, OH

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were very nice and helpful at all times. Given multiple tasks to keep things interesting. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Pay was not as high as I would like. Was not trained enough for most jobs that were required leaving me to guess at what I was suppose to do. Not enough equipment to do job (I.E not enough walkie-talkies or PDAs). Given too much work and not enough time to complete it.

8222 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Depends on the management team

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Been working for Target for over 3 years. Due to some life changes, I've had the opportunity to work for 3 different stores. The first two stores, I was fortunate to work under very good management.

Under good managers, this job is fantastic. It's not rocket science, there is room for promotion, the company really pushes recognition for the team. The work environment can be a lot of fun.

When I joined the Company, I was a little embarassed to be working in retail, as it was a step down, professionally. Working at these two stores really changed my mind, and I decided that I wanted to retire within the Company. I was really, really excited about my job.

Cons

This last transfer has seen me placed under a much weaker management team, and is sapping my will to live.

Promotional opportunities dry up when your management team is not performing, because if a store isn't performing, who in their right mind will promote that team?

As with any job, the management can make or break it. I'm spending most of my days now job hunting, before I end up rage quitting.

District Managers really need to hold the store level management accountable for poor performance, and look to management styles and work ethics of that management team for high turnover, poor morale.

I have been at Target for over 10 years and I am bored.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Target is a very good company. They pay well and offer many benefits that are hard to find at other places. They offer many opportunities to move around and learn different things.

Cons

It can be difficult to move from the business analyst or process analyst track to the PM track or an engineering track. You don't get a lot of support to make moves like that and sometimes that is what you need to keep your career interesting.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!