Target

www.target.com

Great then got worse, a lot worse!

Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern  in  Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Great manager, good work environment, safe, pay is good

Cons

Upper management is very full of themselves, no work/life balance, work their store managers to death, no retention rate

Other reviews for Target

This place is a joke!

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Lathrop, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lathrop, CA

Pros

Meeting great guests, being fast paced place during holidays, that's about it.

Cons

Schedules, LOD lazy and rude, being timed, selling red cards, not allowed to have water with me (get dehydrated easily)

LOD should be kind and understanding instead of being rude, and not polite. Should be taught how to inform someone that is seasonal that there last day is what is on the schedule and do that privately not on the way to a last break where guests can hear this conversation. Also HR should have been understanding a bit when one is a mother and has young kids. Kids under 5 can not watch themselves after all and they knew I had young kids.Being called in last minute is not acceptable and then being put out for it and signing on the phone because some regular employee calls in last minute because they are "sick" is unprofessional. Example call at 11:55 and want me there at 12:00. If given better advanced noticed might have come in. being scolded for not selling red cards was a bit much too. Look at what went on with those red cards after all. So being "graded" on that is a bunch of garbage. being timed checking guests merchandise is another stupid idea. You want your cake and eat it to. You want the cashier to carry a conversation in a happy friendly way and when one does the guest talks forever and we get graded on time. Or is the guest is taking forever finding the right payment we get graded. That is some backwards stuff right there! I will tell you this. I would NOT recommend anyone I know to work at a target, the pay is garbage the hours suck, and management is not what it should be. Might i add the discounts are a joke too! I would NOT work for target ever again!

Enterprise Architecture is a centralized function which is helping to develop a true enterprise view.

Pros

Very strong EA team with deep experience and generally very collaborative.

Cons

Often tough to stay in sync with the business side and too much collaboration means anyone can say no and kill a good idea.

Don't let the pendulum swing to far to the tactical side; losing the strategic, architectural vision is too costly long term.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!