Target

www.target.com

Great place to work if you're in High School or College. Its still alright if you're looking for any part-time job.

Electronic Sales Associate, General Sales Associate (Team Member) (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- I've always had a very flexible schedule
- My co-workers are friendly and excellent. I made great friendships working here.
- You "can" have opportunity to move up or around departments if you're a loyal, trustworthy, and a hard worker.
- Team member discount is 10%...on EVERYTHING in the store and ONLINE.
- Approachable managers

Cons- A majority of the senior managers are college graduates with little to no work experience. Most of them have terrible management, team building, and team communication skills.
- Senior managers (ETLs) have the tendency to "promise" higher positions to team members but never follow through.
- Its against store policy to be promoted to a Senior Manager or ETL once a team member. You have to become a Team Lead for 18 months to even be "considered" for an even higher position. You also have to have a college degree despite what work experience you have.
- Electronic team members receive no commission and are expected to make sales with high accessory attachment rates.
- Hours and weekly schedule can fluctuate randomly. One week you work 30 hours and the next you could work 16. For the most part they stay consistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to listen and TRUST your team members. Most employees have a very low team morale as soon as they begin there day. You must motivate them accordingly. Also your full position title is Executive Team Lead...not Manager. To many ETLs take the reigns and drive their employees to the ground. You must learn to lead your team and guide them.

It was alright

Cashier, Cart Attendant (Former Employee) Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent pay, a little bit above minimum wage. co-workers were generally… Cons: HR guy at my store was strict and rude Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Time Night Stocker

Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) Davenport, IA

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros: Low pressure environment. Once the truck is unloaded it's a pretty hassle free job, if monotonous. Pay was decent for overnight… Cons: Long hours. Unable to leave building and one break. No access to… Advice to Senior Management: Know how hard overnight shifts become in the long-term. – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!