Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great place to work if you're in High School or College. Its still alright if you're looking for any part-time job.

Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate, General Sales Associate (Team Member) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- I've always had a very flexible schedule
- My co-workers are friendly and excellent. I made great friendships working here.
- You "can" have opportunity to move up or around departments if you're a loyal, trustworthy, and a hard worker.
- Team member discount is 10%...on EVERYTHING in the store and ONLINE.
- Approachable managers

Cons

- A majority of the senior managers are college graduates with little to no work experience. Most of them have terrible management, team building, and team communication skills.
- Senior managers (ETLs) have the tendency to "promise" higher positions to team members but never follow through.
- Its against store policy to be promoted to a Senior Manager or ETL once a team member. You have to become a Team Lead for 18 months to even be "considered" for an even higher position. You also have to have a college degree despite what work experience you have.
- Electronic team members receive no commission and are expected to make sales with high accessory attachment rates.
- Hours and weekly schedule can fluctuate randomly. One week you work 30 hours and the next you could work 16. For the most part they stay consistent.

You need to listen and TRUST your team members. Most employees have a very low team morale as soon as they begin there day. You must motivate them accordingly. Also your full position title is Executive Team Lead...not Manager. To many ETLs take the reigns and drive their employees to the ground. You must learn to lead your team and guide them.

9209 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

It was alright

Former Employee - Cashier, Cart Attendant in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier, Cart Attendant in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, a little bit above minimum wage.
    co-workers were generally nice people
    benefits

Cons

HR guy at my store was strict and rude

Store (#5401)

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Henrico, VA
    Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Henrico, VA

I have been working at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great and understanding management, discount, coworkers are friendly ability to grow within the company. Plus they feed you on holidays and even have a volunteer program with actually helped some kids in my neighborhood/

Cons

I feel as though they should allow flow team to work from a bout 11pm when the store is first closed.(seem like there trying to get out of paying overnight fees). Hours arent that great. Its a short shift and not always time to get everything done.

not really anything I LOVE MY MANAGEMENT TEAM THERE ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP.

There are newer employer reviews for Target