Target

www.target.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Get ready to kiss a lot of butt

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member
Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've practically been all over the store, learned every department so as far as knowledge Im happy Ive learned so much.

Cons

To promote, it seems like you have to do some serious ass kissing. Ive worked my ass off and still havent gotten promoted. Management always expects too much..

They need to do a better job promoting people and promote more within! Especially if your store has a lot of talent. Management usually consists of young 22-26 year old recent college grads and frankly they dont all know what they are doing. Promote more competent people, a degree doesnt always mean everything.

10082 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great then got worse, a lot worse!

Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great manager, good work environment, safe, pay is good

Cons

Upper management is very full of themselves, no work/life balance, work their store managers to death, no retention rate

This place is a joke!

Former Employee - Cashier in Lathrop, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lathrop, CA

I worked at Target full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meeting great guests, being fast paced place during holidays, that's about it.

Cons

Schedules, LOD lazy and rude, being timed, selling red cards, not allowed to have water with me (get dehydrated easily)

LOD should be kind and understanding instead of being rude, and not polite. Should be taught how to inform someone that is seasonal that there last day is what is on the schedule and do that privately not on the way to a last break where guests can hear this conversation. Also HR should have been understanding a bit when one is a mother and has young kids. Kids under 5 can not watch themselves after all and they knew I had young kids.Being called in last minute is not acceptable and then being put out for it and signing on the phone because some regular employee calls in last minute because they are "sick" is unprofessional. Example call at 11:55 and want me there at 12:00. If given better advanced noticed might have come in. being scolded for not selling red cards was a bit much too. Look at what went on with those red cards after all. So being "graded" on that is a bunch of garbage. being timed checking guests merchandise is another stupid idea. You want your cake and eat it to. You want the cashier to carry a conversation in a happy friendly way and when one does the guest talks forever and we get graded on time. Or is the guest is taking forever finding the right payment we get graded. That is some backwards stuff right there! I will tell you this. I would NOT recommend anyone I know to work at a target, the pay is garbage the hours suck, and management is not what it should be. Might i add the discounts are a joke too! I would NOT work for target ever again!

There are newer employer reviews for Target