Really good

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Lathrop, CA
Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Lathrop, CA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good hours for work and very flexible with your schedule and really nice and friendly management that is very willing to help you.

Cons

There was one time that management schedule me to work on a day that did not have a shipment coming in, so when i came in i found out that the shipment was the day before so i lost a day of work and it looked like i skipped out on work which is really bad when i explained myself to my supervisor he ask the hr and they quickly change my schedule to the right days to make me look like i'm stupid so i lost pay for that day.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. Target has been a great company for developmental growth and opportunity.

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Focus on developing yourself and others

Cons

Merit increases over the past few years have been poor

Advice to Management

Lead with courage! Ensure your team feels valued, respected and appreciated for the work that is done every day.

2. Target is a great employer with room to grow and do more

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is filled with dedicated, hard-working, and motivated employees looking for challenging experiences and to make stores / online a top destination. Target invests in talent and helps leaders increase responsibilities and experience, and recognizes accomplishments appropriately. Community commitment / involvement is noteworthy.

Cons

Aging technology infrastructure. Corporate culture is slow to change (e.g., dress code) which hinder talent sourcing. Company initiatives sometimes lack a vision to serve stores and store employees first, versus serving the needs/wants of HQ. Needs to develop a way to serve/manage employees who want to move between locations - laterally, if necessary.

Advice to Management

Become the retailing leader in consumer and corporate information protection, and rebuild customer's trust. Increase online presence with broader product assortment.