There are newer employer reviews for Target

Work you a lot for very little in return.

I worked at Target

Pros

consistent work, good raises with hard work

Cons

no room for advancement after becoming a team leader favoritism

8231 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Exciting

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of my best reasons to work at Target are the members of the team. Everyone helps everyone and treat everyone as equals

Cons

Crazy guest are one of the cons at Target

Super Target (My own experience)

Former Employee - "Flow-Team Member"  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - "Flow-Team Member" in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting hired was fairly easy, great place to start out and get a seasonal if you have little to no work experience!

It seems as though you could end up working with the company for a very long time, as I saw many veterans at the Super Target I was at.

There are plenty of opportunities around the season time for just about any schedule you're looking for.

They hire tons of people at super target seasonally!

It can be very easy to make friends on the job.

A lot of guests seem to enjoy themselves at Target.

Cons

You have more than one boss. You have your supervisors and team leaders who aren't always (Ever) on the same wavelength.

So you go above and beyond sometimes? Expect them to ask more of you and or send you home earlier.

Targets systems were 'hacked' during my stay. Credit and debit cards were compromised. My bank sent me a new card immediately. This is quite a big blunder and is probably the most serious con I experienced. I can't say whether or not it could happen again.

While they hire tons of people, they do not keep nearly as many.

I'm told the job can be slow and little to do when it is not the season.

And finally on a completely personal note.... I went in knowing that I was not guaranteed a position after my seasonal ended. Though, as time went on.... It seemed like every supervisor and team leader (From multiple departments) were making me promises. Even human resources. None of them fulfilled those promises. This was probably what left me with such a bitter taste in my mouth. This particular target deserves nothing from me. Not even three measly stars. I never shopped there prior to being stuck there for break and lunch, anyway. I could go on and on about how unprofessional they were, but I'm not going to lie. I thought of them as good people for the most part. I look forward to bigger and better things with -great- people.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!