Target

www.target.com

One of the worst jobs I've ever had!

Cashier (Former Employee) Atwater, CA

ProsThe only pro I can come up with is that the uniforms are simple and comfortable. They pretty much don't care how you dress so long as your top is red, even if it's just a sweater over whatever shirt, or they have little vests that you can borrow.

ConsRed Cards, rude management, un organized, un professional, the training was a joke, they just expect you to know how to do everything, and get mad if you ask questions. They love to say "I'm always around if you need me" but they're never around. The leaders spend most of their time gossiping with the people working guest service than helping the cashiers like their supposed to.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou push the "save 5%" with the red cards, but don't tell people that they'll get charged 20% interest on everything they buy with it. It's not saving people money, it's lying and stealing. All anyone cares about is the stupid cards, not customer service. If you don't sell red cards it's like you're nothing to this company. Training consisted of "you have an hour to read this book and then take over lane 18 and you're on your own for the rest of the day." And the "team leaders" are NEVER around when you need help, and then get mad as if your wasting their time when you call them. There isn't enough walkies for everyone, and often no cashiers would have one at all so you have no way to call for help, and of course you have to take all the complaining from the customer even though it isn't your fault. You never get sent for your breaks on time, if you even get them at all, but then you'll get in trouble for not being "up beat" enough when you've worked almost your entire shift without a break dealing with rude customers who blame you because you couldn't get help with their issues.

Disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros: When first hired, there are a ton of hours and… Cons: Once you've been employed for a few months, your hours are cut back and management puts the rest of your training on the back burner.… Advice to Senior Management: Better training for all employees and more communication between management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A Company that is heading to the bottom

Overnight Flow Team Member (Current Employee) Frisco, TX

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It's a job and it could be worse. Cons: -Low starting salary usually $8 but some stores will have an 10pm-8am $1an hr. for working in those hours -You are part time, and you'll never… Advice to Senior Management: The only way to turn this company around at this point is to obviously… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!