Target

www.target.com

One of the worst jobs I've ever had!

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Atwater, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Atwater, CA

Pros

The only pro I can come up with is that the uniforms are simple and comfortable. They pretty much don't care how you dress so long as your top is red, even if it's just a sweater over whatever shirt, or they have little vests that you can borrow.

Cons

Red Cards, rude management, un organized, un professional, the training was a joke, they just expect you to know how to do everything, and get mad if you ask questions. They love to say "I'm always around if you need me" but they're never around. The leaders spend most of their time gossiping with the people working guest service than helping the cashiers like their supposed to.

You push the "save 5%" with the red cards, but don't tell people that they'll get charged 20% interest on everything they buy with it. It's not saving people money, it's lying and stealing. All anyone cares about is the stupid cards, not customer service. If you don't sell red cards it's like you're nothing to this company. Training consisted of "you have an hour to read this book and then take over lane 18 and you're on your own for the rest of the day." And the "team leaders" are NEVER around when you need help, and then get mad as if your wasting their time when you call them. There isn't enough walkies for everyone, and often no cashiers would have one at all so you have no way to call for help, and of course you have to take all the complaining from the customer even though it isn't your fault. You never get sent for your breaks on time, if you even get them at all, but then you'll get in trouble for not being "up beat" enough when you've worked almost your entire shift without a break dealing with rude customers who blame you because you couldn't get help with their issues.

Other reviews for Target

A Company that is heading to the bottom

Current Employee - Overnight Flow Team Member  in  Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Overnight Flow Team Member in Frisco, TX

Pros

It's a job and it could be worse.

Cons

-Low starting salary usually $8 but some stores will have an 10pm-8am $1an hr. for working in those hours
    -You are part time, and you'll never ever get full time hours unless, you work in a store that favorites or it's the holidays', even which you still may not get as many hours you want. Which brings me to the next one...
    -high turnover...which may be good for you if you need hours.
    -benefits are terrible. You pay a lot for not a lot of coverage. That's if you can get enough hours to be considered full-time for insurance.
    -You are mostly trained by fellow employees(which could be a good thing). But unless they train you well, or you came with experience, you'll never do well enough for management to treat you well.
    -Management only care about themselves. They can't really be bothered to really run a store doing anything really that would make Target a great company to shop or work at. So don't expect a lot of knowledge, work, or any of the above that you may have seen in other companies you may have worked at. There is a reason why 70million people had there credit card information ripped off. Work there if you don't believe me...you've been warned.

The only way to turn this company around at this point is to obviously get rid of the management at the very tippy top, and then work down ward.

Do not work here.

Former Employee - Senior Team LEader  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Team LEader in San Diego, CA

Pros

Maybe the people who work there.

Cons

They do not allow their employees enough time and or hours to get their work done. They told me that if I did everything they asked that I would be put up for a promotion, instead I was kept at the lower manager level in order to maintain the store rather than for my personal gain. They tell you they want to help with your development then do everything they can to keep you there.Some of the employees pay for benefits that are more than their paycheck. Maybe need to consider demographics when looking at the conversion level.

Offer more hours and pay to compensate for the stress of the work.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!