Target

www.target.com

Executive Team Lead

Pros

Great Team to work with

Cons

Lot of work, not much appreciation

Other reviews for Target

Overworked Starbucks employee in a Target location.

Current Employee - Starbucks Barista
    Current Employee - Starbucks Barista

Pros

Higher-ups of my location are very understanding of any issues that arise (family emergency, personal issue)

Cons

Not enough cross training, no tipping for Starbucks employees since we are Target employees

Cross train cashiers to work at Starbucks--at least how to operate the register system! The scheduling at our location is very questionable and often one employee will be working alone during a busy weekend evening shift, it would be so much easier if someone (LOD, back up) could jump on the register so the barista could focus on making drinks. This would help avoid lots of grumpy customers.

Great company but you probably will not get far

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

Pros

Target has a great training and development program when you start with the company and also as you develop through different roles. Target also preaches about a fast, fun and friendly environment and has an open door culture for their team members. Target also compensates their Executive Team Leaders and above really well.

Cons

Target assesses their employees from day one on many intangible qualities. Many Executive Team Leaders and Store Team Leaders do not make it through the first year. The high compensation is due to an attempt to retain leaders but does not solve the many issues with working for the company. The fast, fun, and friendly environment that I referred to on the pros section is great in theory but is not practiced by higher level management. Through my career progression, I have experience more of a judgemental environment. Maybe that is the reality of higher level leadership. Even though I am currently doing well in my role, I know the reality of me being on the chopping block in the future. One day you're in and the next day you are out. The terminology that leaders openly use is, "we will promote him/her to be a guest." Guest referring to a Target shopper vs. an employee.

Maintain integrity and take care of your team. Once you do this, you will have a lasting and highly productive team.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!