There are newer employer reviews for Target

Not What You Think It Is Creatively

Current Employee - Art Director in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Art Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great, the perks are good. Nice common areas.

Cons

Way too much unskilled management. A lot of talk, no action. The best creative is given to outside vendors.

Cultivate a more creative environment.

8690 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Going Downhill since the data breach

Current Employee - Guest Service Attendant in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Guest Service Attendant in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In my particular situation, I find that the people I work with are the best part of working for Target. I know this probably isn't the case for everyone. Management is really nice too and everyone seems to get along fine.

Cons

Since the data breach, a lot of changes have had to be made. The company is now completely focused on what they call "The Vibe", which used to mean that team members/leads would make little exceptions to the rules for guests to keep them coming back (minor price adjustments, holding items for longer than usual, returning items that normally wouldn't be returnable). Since the data breach, though, Target has pushed "The Vibe" to the extreme (anyone can authorize a price adjustment of up to 70% based on the guest's word, paid items are being held, ALL items are being returned and refunds overrides to cash). It sounds like that would make things easier for us, but its really just making me hate the job more and more because I go to work to be a human door mat. We've been told that "You should always just say 'yes'. The only person who can say 'no' to a guest is the store manager".
    The other HUGE disappointment is that they've taken away the option for affordable health care benefits for part-time team members (anyone working less than 32 hours per week). I didn't think that would be an issue for me since I'm technically a front-end supervisor (management's own words--I know a lot of team leads don't like to consider GSAs supervisors, but that's the role we play at our store. We have most of the same responsibilities as the GSTL, except we don't do the paperwork involved), but the schedules are now being written to ensure that I don't get more than 30hours on average per week. PLUS, they told us this and only gave us a month to find something new.

The Vibe is a joke. While it might be helping the business by maintaining customer loyalty, its hurting it because its taking away the dignity of your team members. We feel like we come to work to be walked all over by people trying to cheat their way to savings. I still see the same amount of foot traffic and the same people shopping on a daily basis who have "sworn to never have anything to do with Target again" after the data breach.

An upgrade from fast food but still awful.

Current Employee - Backroom Team Member in Andover, MN
    Current Employee - Backroom Team Member in Andover, MN

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount on merchandise. Works for dependents as well.

Cons

There are too many cons to even list here.

Get your act together. I've never seen so little get done with 10+ bosses.

There are newer employer reviews for Target